Around and About
The cottages are quiet and off the beaten track but don't think we're remote, all of the places listed below can be reached in 20-25 minutes.
- Crackington Haven - Our nearest beach and perfect for rock pooling, surfing, sun bathing, walking and having a relaxing meal, ice cream or drink just off of the beach.
- Strangles Beach - a little more effort is needed to get to this beach, but it's well worth the walk.
- Millook - a small rocky beach famous for its rock formations.
- Widemouth Bay - A long stretch of beach where you can take surf lesson (Ravensurf link), build sand castles, rock pool and generally have a relaxing day. Cafes and a pub can be found just off the beach.
- Bude - Beaches, surf heaven, sea pool, canal walks, fishing, golf, play centres for the kids, indoor swimming pool, cafes, pubs, what more could you ask for?
- Boscastle - harbour side village made famous by the 2004 floods. Amble the day away walking along the river to the harbour and out along the coastal path, browse in the shops and just relax.
- Rocky Valley and St Nectans Glen - Idyllic woodland walks to the coast and inland to a spectacular waterfall.
- Bossiney Cove Beach - Well worth the walk and climb to get to this beautiful sandy cove, but make sure you go at low tide as it disappears twice a day at high tide.
- Tintagel - Visit King Arthurs Castle, Merlins Cave and enjoy the dramatic coastal scenery.
- South-west coastal footpath - No trip to North Cornwall is complete without taking in at least part of the coastal path in this area. Whichever section you choose the scenery will take your breath away, with high cliffs, deep valleys, downland, beaches, hidden coves and wooded areas to inspire you.
- Bodmin Moor - A personal favourite setting out to conquer Rough Tor and Brown Willy and then perhaps pushing on to Jamaica Inn. Take water and at least one pasty each.
- Launceston - the ancient capital of Cornwall, with its 11th century castle, steam railway, leisure farms and shops.
- Warbstow - The iron age hillfort is a short walk from the cottages along a quiet country lane. It is amazingly well preserved and offers tremendous views for miles around.